Viber Mobile Technology Scholarship
Higher education can be costly.
In the money-saving spirit of Viber Out, we are offering three $1,000 scholarships to higher-education enrolled students.
Ready for a challenge?
Put on your thinking cap and write a 400–500-word essay on how you believe mobile technology will change in the next ten years. Your essay should be factual, original, and engaging: Show us your best work!
In the meantime, get to know Viber Out! Calling international destinations like India and Mexico costs just pennies per minute. Whether you’d like to connect with people in the Philippines, Cuba, Guatemala, or another location, we make it easy while helping you save for the things that matter most.
Guidelines / Restrictions
Submitting Your Essay
- Submissions will be accepted from January 1, 2018 through June 1, 2018.
- The winners will be announced by June 15, 2018.
- Please save your essay as a Word document and email it to email@example.com.
- Please title your email “Viber Scholarship Submission – Last Name, First Name.”
- Please include a 50-100 word personal introduction with your submission. Your introduction / bio may be published on Viber’s blog or social media platforms along with your essay.
- Note that scholarship winners will be required to provide proof of identification and current enrollment in an accredited institution as described in the eligibility section below.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Legal Residents of the Unites States.
Employees of Viber Media, its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
Current freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students: Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited college or university during the 2017-2018 academic school year.
Description of Awards
Each of three recipients will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
Funds are provided by Viber Media. Payments are issued by Viber Media, made payable only via wire transfer directly to the student’s bank account.
University / College Approval
All institutions must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Any school transfers are subject to the same accreditation approval.
Winner Selection and Announcement Process
The winners are selected after a team of judges reviews all entries received by the deadline of June 1, 2018. Applicants will be judged on thoughtfulness, insight, and creativity. Three winners will be announced on June 15, 2018.
Viber Media reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice. All essay submissions become the property of Viber Media and may be posted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification. Viber Media shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to applicants.
- Void where prohibited.
- The promoter of this competition is Viber Media.
- Employees of Viber Media, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and member of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- In order to participate, applicants must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state of residence.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply for this scholarship. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve the odds of a scholarship award.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via account.viber.com/scholarship details. Individuals must enter by clicking on the participation link, and by providing their names and contact details so that Viber Media may notify winners of the results.
- Closing date for entry is June 1, 2018. After this date and time, no further entries will be permitted.
- Odds of scholarship award are based on the total number of entrants. Three winners will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 days of the closing date. If any of the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim their prizes within 30 days of notification, Viber Media reserves the right to withdraw the prize and choose a replacement winner.
- Winners agree to use their names and images in publicity material as requested by Viber Media. Any personal data relating to winners and / or other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current state and federal data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third parties without the entrants’ prior consent.
- Viber Media will notify all winners of the scholarship award collection process.
- Each of three winners will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
- All Viber Media decisions in respect of all matters to do with this scholarship competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All essays must fit the criteria of the topic outlined above.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Viber Media accepts no responsibility to entries not received for whatever reasons.
- Viber Media reserves the right to amend or cancel the scholarship competition and these terms and conditions without prior notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Viber Media’s control. Entrants will be notified of any changes to the competition as soon as possible by Viber Media.
- The scholarship competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by NY state law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NY state.
- Deadline is subject to extension.
If you have questions or issues submitting your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.